APPRAISAL AND INCENTIVE SYSTEMS
Recognising and rewarding performance fairly.
Instead of being viewed as a part of the whole performance management system, the evaluation of individual performance is often seen only as a componenti of the rewarding system, to “motivate” employees with monetary incentives. Most managers and employees dread the performance review process: they hato to play out what they consider an annual administrative ritual devoid of any organizational effectiveness.
That being said, it is the performance of people at work that contributes to determine the performance of the whole organization, where performance simultaneously refers to the result and the actions and behaviors that led to the result.
The ability to assess employees performance fairly and consistently should be one of the core competencies of any manager. The whole evaluation and appraisal process should be accurately designed to:
- avoid any automatic mechanism;
- avoid reinforcing undesired behaviors;
- distinguish whether the performance achieved by an employee is better than the performance achieved by another one;
- reward with equity;
- contribute to improve the performance of the entire organization in the present and the future;
- engage managers and employees in trustful relationships for mutual growth and value creation.
Bocci Consulting assist organizations in transforming their evaluation and appraisal process from an awkward ritual to an effective tool to improve the performance of the entire organization, making the assessment of individual performance a significant moment in the development and growth of human resources working there.