STRATEGY IN THE AGE OF ACCELERATIONS
Making Strategy Work in the Age of Accelerations
Digital transformation is changing the business environment and the way companies work and create value for their customers.
In a so complex and fast moving world, it could be very difficult for entrepreneurs and manager to figure out how to move forward, how to reposition their company in the marketplace, how to redesign their manufacturing system and their organization. Unfortunately, if a company is not able to face the innovation challenge, it risks becoming irrelevant.
The digital transformation offers great opportunities, but actually succeeding requires a different strategic approach.
It might seem a paradox, but when you operate in an environment so changeable, deciding to navigate at sight or stand still may be the worst decision you can take. It would be wiser to make a deeper analysis of the context, especially outside the industry’s domain, and, based on that analysis, carry out a review of the current strategy and start a process to transform it in an always-on strategy: a continuous ongoing cycle of learning and doing. Winning once is not enough.
Four steps are fundamental for starting your journey:
- explore and understand trends, enabling digital technologies and new business models;
- get inspired by others and learn from their applications and experiences;
- depict your vision and select which of them are best suited to what you want to address;
- define and manage a portfolio of implementations using the transformative principle: “think big, start small, learn fast”.
Having an external partner able to help you in:
- developing an effective strategic approach suited to your needs and purpose,
- identifying which enabling technologies can add value to your business and driving outside-in innovation via tech-partnerships,
- defining scope, priorities and boundaries of your implementation paths to digital transformation,
- transforming your digital agenda in a new business roadmap,
might be a winning solution.
Bocci Consulting helps corporations to redefine their strategic canvas and reshape their ecosystem in the age of the digital transformation